Tuesday 10 June 2014

Page Project

I have a huge collection of old books from charity shops and skips, so I decided to use some of them in a pure collage project - I didn't use anything other than pritt-stick, scissors and the pages of the books because I didn't want to distract from the interesting qualities of the old paper and dated photographs and illustrations.
The images in this project were based on the idea of people being unaware of their surroundings - blissfully ignorant of what is going on around them when they are going about their daily business. To show this I contrasted images of cosy domestic settings and people absorbed in their activities with other-worldly, alien looking images of marine life and outer space, both of which I find fascinating.
I tried to combine the images in a way that was relatively subtle with the idea that you almost wouldn't notice the anomalies in the pictures if you only glanced at them.


No comments:

Post a Comment