Wednesday 18 June 2014

Universe Book Project


One of my favourite briefs this year was having to produce an illustrated story. I decided to combine my interests in art and physics and make a universe creation story. I started off by doing a bit of research into the big bang. What I found fascinating about the scientific and philosophical theories I looked at was that so many centred around the idea that humans are the reason for and hence the creators of the universe. I tried to combine some ideas from quantum theory and the anthropic principle with religious creation theories to highlight that both science and religion are, to varying degrees, leaps of faith, and also to show my conclusion that that everyone needs to be important, to some extent, to be "God".

I produced a series of illustrations in my A4 sketchbook, then printed off scans of them and made a little A6 book. I found illustrating these abstract concepts challenging but very enjoyable. Here is the result.






No comments:

Post a Comment