Saturday 19 July 2014

Generation x Urban Outfitters Window Designs

Right now I'm down in England working for a company that teaches English to kids from abroad. I'm enjoying it but am looking forward to getting back and completing my latest project. I recently won a competition to design and install a window display for Urban Outfitters in Edinburgh in association with GENERATION Scotland and the National Galleries of Scotland - here is the announcement on Facebook.

The brief was to create a display that reflected both the Urban Outfitters brand and GENERATION - which is a celebration of the last 25 years of contemporary art in Scotland, featuring loads of Scottish artists at different galleries across the country.

Here are the original designs - I used pretty low-tech collage and drawing to communicate my idea.




Right now I am sorting materials for the install with the guy who does the window displays for UO Edinburgh. It's so exciting doing a project where cost isn't a limitation. I'll post photos of the actual window in August when the install is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment