Monday 14 September 2015

Creme Fresh Final Poster

After working on the two designs we decided that the blue and gold room looked best. I like the contrast between the ornately designed room and the space station as they look entirely different and serve different purposes, decoration vs. function, but are linked by their origins in human imagination. I like the contrast of the enclosed space (the room) and the vast infinity of space which could symbolise the intimate club setting contrasting with the "musical journey" the clubber goes on (if you wanted to be really cringey). The wee guy on the control panel also made me think of a DJ which made me laugh a bit as I wanted the image to be quite decorative but also a bit playful. 

I started playing around with the text on Photoshop and made quite a few changes to really tighten up the layout. We also decided to add a drop shadow to some of the text to make it stand out and I made the text cream as well.


Although reactions to the poster have been a bit mixed I'm really pleased with the outcome and think it stands out from most of the club posters I've seen. I also did a banner for the Facebook event:


... and a double sided flyer, the idea being that as the club nights progress there will be a series of images for people to collect adding to the value of the advertising and making the night a bit more creative:

No comments:

Post a Comment