Thursday 3 September 2015

Creme Fresh Poster Design

Been busy over the summer with work and holidays which has been great though I'm feeling a bit lazy on the art front. Now I'm almost starting back at uni though I feel like getting back into a project so I've been working on a poster commission for a friends' club night - Creme Fresh - which is starting up in Edinburgh.

Duncan wanted the poster to be along the same lines as some of my collage work in style. He had quite a strong idea about coherent branding so I looked at the covers he'd done for some of the Creme Fresh internet radio shows for inspiration.


As an obvious place to start I used the same font, and also thought about the pictures he'd chosen which were very disparate in content but had a similar feel in terms of humour and general strangeness. This is something that appeals to me so I had a search through some books and found some pictures which I thought worked and started playing about with them.




I made a couple of mock-ups and sent them over to Duncan.





He liked the second image the best so I started working on that in Photoshop playing about with the text and came up with this final version:



I was pretty happy with the way it looked but several people said that it reminded them of slaves/migrant boats (racists) which obviously isn't ideal when promoting a club night so I had to start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment