Friday 11 September 2015

Creme Fresh Poster Development

Took a break from the poster to go to Dimensions festival in Croatia which was amazing. It gave me some time to mull things over so I came back to the project quite refreshed. I added in the phrase "all night party music" at Duncan's request. Despite this I think my first attempt looked pretty stale and didn't stray that far from what I'd done before so I felt a bit disheartened.


Feeling a bit nervous about the project I came into the studio yesterday and decided to just completely start again with the imagery (but keep the traced and cut out text which I liked). I had a look through my books and took some photocopies then started playing around with pure collage. I wanted to come up with something relating to human ingenuity  - art, music and science which to me are all pinnacles of human achievement. My main stimuli for the poster were imagination/creativity and playing about with scale and space. This approach suited me much better and I came up with three images that I was pleased with:




I sent them over to Duncan. We agreed that the two images set in a room were the most dynamic. He also asked that I change "all night party music" to "party music all night long" which reads better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment