Friday 22 April 2016

Cartocon - Designs

It's been a busy few weeks but we've settled on a date for the window display - next Friday (the 29th). Board the hype train here please.

I thought I should post my designs ahead of that to give an idea of what I've been working on and give a sneak preview of how it will (hopefully) look.

I started by doing some designs based on a tiled wall and the shapes of the art school building around it:




I wasn't too happy with this design so attempted a variation:




I then explored my pyramid drawings further and came up with designs incorporating them into the window:



Finally I made a design based on the abstracted coat hanger shapes, incorporating red wool stretched across the window frame inside:




I sent them over to Cartocon and Nathan decided that he liked the pyramid design best, but wanted it to cover less of the window and incorporate the woolen element.

So here are my final designs:


I brought the window painting up slightly so it blocks less of the window and added in the red "wool" lines behind it which I think makes the design more dynamic. I'm really pleased with how it looks and am getting really excited to see it completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment