Monday 25 April 2016

Nonsense Drawing Project

I've just completed an assignment we were given over the Easter holidays - to do 15 observational drawings then 5 nonsense drawings composed using elements of the initial 15 images.

I chose quite a wide range of source material for my drawings to give me plenty to work with for the second part of the project. I tried to include a few things that I'm less comfortable drawing as well - larger scenes, ellipses, and straight lines.











Once I'd generated plenty of observational drawings I worked on combining them into nonsense drawings which I'd been apprehensive about but it was so so fun! I don't think there's any point in explaining or analysing a nonsense drawing so here they are for your viewing pleasure:





No comments:

Post a Comment