Thursday 22 October 2015

Beam Book

After the one-day book project we had a slightly more generous timescale of one week to make another book based around a time we picked out of a hat. I got 3.41 am which seemed like a good time at the... time... but I was a bit stumped for ideas. Inspiration struck when I glanced over at a couple of Polaroids I'd picked up off the pavements of G-hill and decided to base the story around them.


Using information from the pictures I came up with a story about a boy called James (his name is written on a drawing on the wall) who gets up in early in the morning every day and goes downstairs and plays with this huge winged mouse with antennae... who turns out to be his gran. So not exactly Gullivers Travels but I decided to just go with it. Again with this project I used drawing and forced myself to draw things I thought would be difficult.



Next I put together the drawings with elements from the photos (such as wallpaper) on Photoshop and added text I typed on my typewriter. I initially intended to screenprint it but it seemed like it was going to be pretty complicated so I decided to use the acetone transfer method I had tried in first year and totally forgotten about since.








So a good body of work for this project plus loads of books I can sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment