Thursday 29 October 2015

Bathers Screen-Prints

After the SOS project was finished I felt that I wanted to revisit the drawing I did of the wee men on rubber rings and lilos:


I took it as an opportunity to practice screen printing this week (and procrastinate from other projects).


My initial attempts were OK but I hadn't prepared the separations well and they just didn't look right so I decided to experiment a little with the outlines and creating a blurred sort of 3D drawing type thing:


They came out pretty well but I still felt I hadn't resolved the image in the way I had intitially planned so today I went back to the print workshop today and am so chuffed with how the prints came out:




I like the experiments I did with using scraps of paper behind the men and in general I'm really happy with the image, I can imagine using it as a repeat pattern for textiles or wrapping paper or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment